Since moving I have been wanting to sort myself out and ear a bit more fruit and veg… I started out well and then soon found myself avoiding my fruit bowl.
Not wanting to waste food, I decided the best way forward was to turn them into a delicious banana loaf!
Now most recipes call for you to have 3 bananas but I only had 2, thankfully, the baking queen herself (Mary Berry) came to my rescue!
Mary Berry’s Banana Loaf (Taken from ‘Mary Berry’s Baking Bible’)
100g Softened Butter
175g Caster Sugar
2 Large Eggs
2 Ripe Bananas
225g Self Raising Flour
1 tsp. Baking Powder
2 tbsp. Milk
I tweeked Mary’s Recipe and added 100g of chocolate chunks (After baking this I regretted not putting more chocolate in! I would suggest 200g would be a more adequate amount), a sprinkle of cinnamon, and a sprinkle of mixed spice.
1. Preheat the oven to 180c/ Fan 160c/ Gas 4.
2. Lightly grease and line a 2lb loaf tin,
3. Measure all ingredients into a mixing bowl and beat for about 2 minutes, until well blended.
4. Spoon the mixture into the tin and level the surface.
5. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 1 hour until well risen and golden brown.
6. Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes. Then turn out and finish cooling on a wire rack.
7. Cut into slices and enjoy with a cup of tea!