I just love baking brownies. They are so simple, quick and absolutely delicious!
My favourite recipe comes from ‘The Hummingbird Bakery‘ an american inspired bakery in London. This is on my to visit hit-list every time I am there. Their brownie recipe is my absolute favourite and is always a sure-fire success!
The trick is to use good quality dark chocolate – I find anything above 70% to be fantastic and you will also want to use a proper brownie pan to ensure a great bake.
200g Dark Chocolate
175g Unsalted Butter
325g Caster Sugar
130g Plain flour – Or cake flour if Germany!
Icing sugar for dusting.
1.Start by preheating your oven to 170c/325F/Gas 3. Line your tin with grease-proof or parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Don’t let the base of the bowl touch the water. Keep stirring until everything is melted together.
3. Remove from the heat. Mix in the sugar and stir until everything is well incorporated. Add the flour and mix well.
4. Add the eggs one at a time, mix until it is thick and smooth.
5. Pour the mixture into your lined tin and bake for 30-35 minutes. This should be flaky on the top and soft in the centre. Be careful not to over-cook otherwise it will be a little on the crunchy side.
6. Leave to cool in the tin before slicing into 12 pieces and dusting with icing sugar.
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below! Better yet, why not post a photo of your amazing creations. Happy Baking!