This is one of the easiest and most effective ways to decorate your cookies! All you need are a few bits of equipment.
– Pre-baked and cooled cookies
– You need some flower cutters in a range of sizes – I chose 5 leave rose cutters as the are a really simple shape.
– Round cutter the same size as your cookies.
– a piping bag filled with piping consistency royal icing.
– a cup of water.
– a small stiff paintbrush.
– Roll out fondant in a colour of your choice – I chose red!
Start off by rolling your icing the thickness of a £1 coin. Cut this with the round cutter the same size as your cookies.
To fix my icing to my cookies, I paint a mixture of watered down royal icing over the top of my cookie and place it on the top.
Make your imprints – Gently press the cutter of your choice into the top of the icing leaving the outline on the surface without cutting into the icing.
Pipe a thin outline around the edge of your flower – this does not have to be one continuous line. Aim to have a single line of icing on each individual petal.
Dip your paintbrush in the water and shake off any excess water. You need this to be damp – not wet.
Gently drag the icing inwards towards the centre. Continue this around the entire flower.
Finish off with some tiny pearls in the centre of each flower, fixed in place with a drop of water.
If you are feeling confident with this, give 2 flowers layered up a try. Remember if it goes wrong you can always eat the evidence. 🙂
Feel free to ask any questions in the comments below! Better yet, why not post a photo of your amazing creations. Happy Baking!